The story of the poor little French “Baby” lost in Seattle for years was told to us in the following way:
Her story was apparently known. It looked simple : She was built in 1939 by Chapron in a delicious Cherry Red hue ordered by its owner, a french furniture manufacturer.
1940: the Germans invaded Paris and She was seized right in the Talbot premises, where She was repainted with heavy black paint.
At the end of WWII She was bought by a US soldier and shipped to North America where She remained up to 2009.
All this was written in a small poster that was photographed with the car.