It is on April 6, 1947 that the Delahaye factories delivers to the coachbuilder Chapron the chassis 800.486.
The choice for the bodywork will be a 2-seater convertible with disappearing top named “Vedette”.
It will be presented at the Paris Salon in November of the same year.
She will probably make a strong impression at the Paris Car Show because she will be sold on that occasion. Thus, the first owner will be a French manufacturer from Châtillon sur Seine, southeast of Paris.