Delahaye 135MS Coach On sale at soft auction
New to Soft Auctions? See how it works.
Delahaye 135MS Coach by Figoni & Falaschi on sale at Soft Auction
A question? Do not hesitate to contact us.
|Coachbuilder||Figoni & Falaschi|
|Expert report||Available on demand.|
On sale at Soft Auction
Online private auction
No reserve price – No buyer’s fees
You can drive the car! – and talk directly with the owner
Delahaye 135 MS
N°801.736 – Coach by Figoni & Falaschi – 1951
Between 1935 and 1950, the Delahaye 135 chassis is certainly the one that most inspired the great European bodybuilders.
From the wisest to the most exuberant, without forgetting the great classics, all tried their hand at this marvellous chassis with ideal proportions to give free rein to their creativity.
The 801.736 chassis is one of the very last to be produced by Delahaye.
It is a prototype of the Delahaye 235 bodied by Figoni and Falaschi. The body is a coach with a sunroof, offering many innovations for the time, including electric windows.
Click on menus below to find out more detailed information on this Delahaye 135MS by Figoni & Falaschi.
- Brand : DELAHAYE
- Type : 135 MS
- Coachbuilder : Figoni & Falaschi
- Figoni Number : 1156
- Chassis & Motor : 801.736
- Year : 1952
Delahaye 135 MS Coach by Figoni & Falaschi – technical sheet (in french)
Moteur : 3’557 cm3, 6 cylindres en ligne, alésage : 84X107
Soupapes en tête par culbuteurs
Vilebrequin à quatre paliers
Graissage sous pression.
Compression : 7,6 :1
Puissance fiscale : 20CV
Puissance au frein : poussée à 140 CV
Trois carburateurs Solex inversés de 40
Batterie 12 V 90 AH
Refroidissement : par eau
Réservoir : Capacité : 100L
Propulsion aux roues arrière
Embrayage monodisque à sec
Boîte de Vitesse :
Électromagnétique Cotal à 4 rapports :
Première : 0,321
Deuxième : 0,46
Troisième : 0,72
Quatrième : 1
Châssis : Châssis surbaissé.
Suspension : Ressorts à lames et quatre amortisseurs hydrauliques Messier à double effet
Direction : À vis globique et secteur
Rayon de braquage : 6 m
Trois tours de volants d’une butée à l’autre
Roues, pneus : Type Rudge à rayons, pneus de 6/650X17 flanc blanc
The chassis 801736 probably entered the Figoni & Falaschi workshops in January 1951.
The car was registered 5086 Y 85 on April 6, 1951 in the name of the company Figoni & Falaschi until July 3 of the same year. It then passes to the name of Joseph Figoni.
We have found a written testimony that indicates that it was presented at the 1951 Paris Salon.
On November 15, 1951 it kept its registration number but became the property of the company Figoni & Cie.
Finally, it found a new owner on May 22, 1953 and took the registration number 527 AE 89.
Unfortunately, the registers do not indicate how long this registration was kept nor who was its subsequent owner.
We meet the car again in Belgium in the garage of a famous Delahaye collector, but we only know the day he disposed of it: November 11, 1982. How long did he own it? It is impossible to say.
But we know that he sold it to a Dutch collector. This one will keep it until 1998.
The car returned to France in the early 2000s and entered the JWA Classic collection in 2010.
Overall, the history is clear for its first and last owners but there are gaps between the two.
We continue our research.
No post found!
- 1951 – Delahaye 135MS Coach : the last “135” by Figoni.To our knowledge, the Delahaye 135 MS #801736 is the last “135” bodied by Figoni & Falaschi (see history here). Its style is… Read More »1951 – Delahaye 135MS Coach : the last “135” by Figoni.
- 1951 – Delahaye 135MS Coach by FigoniIt was really too cold to take out the Figoni Coach. So we decided to keep it warm and take some pictures. Not… Read More »1951 – Delahaye 135MS Coach by Figoni
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Figoni – Restoration 8Dashboard Related posts –
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Figoni – Restoration 7Paint job. Related posts –
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Figoni – Restoration 6The seats.The front seats could not be preserved. On the other hand, the rear seats have been restored. Related posts –
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Coach Figoni – Restoration – 5Body and chassis restored – Beginning of reassembly Related posts –
- 1951-Delahaye 135MS – Coach by FigoniA new video of the Delahaye 135MS Coach by Figoni from La Collection is online on Youtube.Currently on sale in Soft Auction. Related… Read More »1951-Delahaye 135MS – Coach by Figoni
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Coach Figoni – The Restoration – 4The engine. The car was in good working condition. The gearbox and the engine will have a complete revision. Related posts –
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Coach Figoni – The Restoration – 3The body is disassembled from the chassis Related posts
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Coach Figoni – The Restoration – 2After a first tour of the car, an examination of the interior was necessary. Related posts –
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Coach Figoni – The Restoration – 1In 2010, when the Delahaye 801.736 coach entered the JWA Classic collection, it was in apparent good condition. But a restoration deserved to… Read More »1951 – Delahaye 135 MS Coach Figoni – The Restoration – 1
- 1951 – Delahaye 135 MS – Figoni – The different oneIt’s true that the Delahaye 801.736 doesn’t look like the other Delahaye 135 and that on the other hand it looks a lot… Read More »1951 – Delahaye 135 MS – Figoni – The different one
- 1951-Delahaye 135 MS Coach by Figoni – The StoryThe official records have allowed us to identify the first three owners of the car. These indicate that the Delahaye was sold on… Read More »1951-Delahaye 135 MS Coach by Figoni – The Story
- The last Delahaye 135MS bodied by Figoni?Is chassis 801736 the last Delahaye 135MS chassis bodied by Figoni?We don’t know for sure but the hypothesis is far from being improbable… Read More »The last Delahaye 135MS bodied by Figoni?
- The four Delahayes put up for sale by JWA Classic.The last four “Soft Auctions”, after the Aston Martin (1931) and the Rochet-Schneider (1930), will concern four Delahayes. As explained on the website,… Read More »The four Delahayes put up for sale by JWA Classic.
- Back home – Delahaye 135MS Coach FigoniIt was on march 2020. The car was shipped to our favorite electrician who had to keep it longer than expected and finally… Read More »Back home – Delahaye 135MS Coach Figoni
- Delahaye 135MS Coach Figoni – 1951This week, we spent part of our time doing a photo shoot with our 1951 Delahaye 135MS coach. We had to do this… Read More »Delahaye 135MS Coach Figoni – 1951
- Remontage des lève-vitres électriquesLa Delahaye 135 MS carrossée par Figoni en vue de la future 235 possède quelques innovations pour l’époque. Par exemple : des lève-vitres… Read More »Remontage des lève-vitres électriques
Interested? You can register until the end of the presentation period to participate.
Remember that we welcome you to come and test drive the car.